3839 Piedmont Ave Oakland, CA 94611 | 415-793-1812 | email@example.com
Graphic Designer and Marketing Professional
Digital & Traditional Marketing | Content Development | Partnership Building
- Highly-Strategic: Adept at developing measurable media communication plans that align to business goals, leverage industry innovation, and employ both digital & traditional channels.
- Broad Range of Expertise: At Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco, drafted all crisis communications for national story; contributed to messaging, content, campaign for annual Gala, generating $2.5M+ in donations in single night.
- Bottom-Line Impact: At EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases, increased website traffic 3X+ by redesigning website and creating (and executing) innovative communications strategy.
- Building Rapport & Consensus Among Stakeholders: Superb interpersonal abilities; skilled at communicating, influencing, negotiating, facilitating, presenting—and getting others excited about implementing new ideas.
Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects, Audition) • HTML 5 • CSS • Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) • Microsoft Office Suite • Website Design / Development (WordPress, Webflow, Squarespace, Wix, Drupal) • Project Management • Large-Scale Print Productions • Direct Marketing • Marketing Communications • Digital Marketing • Creating Engaging / Discoverable Content • Comprehensive Content Strategies • Aligning Content with Brand Voice • Data-Driven Decision-Making • Paid Social Media Strategies • Talent Identification • Creative Problem-Solving • Understanding Customer Journeys / Psychology • Managing Cross-Functional Relationships • Crisis Management • Managing Media Agencies • Online A/B Testing • Offline Market Testing • Communication Channels SME • Website Design / Development
Total Trash Productions; Oakland, CA; 2017 – present
Director of Marketing
Lead all marketing at annual rock & roll festival hosted by John Waters now in its 11th year. Create and execute direct-B2C marketing campaign selling $800K+ in tickets annually for event with 10K+ attendees, featuring artists including Iggy Pop, Devo, Thee Oh Sees, The Jesus & Mary Chain, many others.
- Create content for social media platforms with 300K+ followers across channels.
- Generate national press coverage and shape narrative in local press by collaborating with media and press agency.
- Garnered coverage in San Francisco Chronicle, Pitchfork Media, Thrasher Magazine, Spin, Vulture, more.
- Drove 1M+ impressions over sales marketing campaign, plus 1M impressions on video & social media post-event.
- Organize and execute marketing strategy across email and all social media channels delivering measurable improvements YOY.
- Play critical role in growing desirable crowd—including authentic, motivated spenders & trendsetters, including many 18-35, influential activators.
- Ensure all musical artists are promoting event by collaborating with record labels, management, increasing impressions by 100K+ annually.
Boys & Girls Clubs of San Francisco; San Francisco, CA; 2018 – 2020
Marketing Communications Manager
Plan, launch and manage marketing and communications strategies aligning messaging & communications cross-departmentally. Collaborate with department heads to ensure members, external stakeholders and prospective parties are reached via appropriate communications channels.
- Drafted all crisis communications for national story involving Boys & Girls Clubs of America.
- Helped create messaging & content for annual Gala, generating $2.5M+ in single night, with 1.1K+ attendees.
- Oversaw successful website redesign and handle all ongoing maintenance.
- Work cross-functionally, use KPIs to develop engaging annual report forging narrative around capacity-building campaign, lay groundwork for new Clubhouse sites; manage creative studio developing visual layout.
- Create marketing materials and messaging for multiple $100K+ fundraising events.
- Raised $200K+ by leading year-end MailChimp fundraising campaign, leveraging advanced tracking (Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel) to target key demographics, retarget.
- Develop new sources of revenues, reach novel audiences via Board- / Board Marketing Committee-assigned projects.
- Speak to diverse audience via monthly newsletter, email, website communications reaching 40K+ contacts monthly.
- Grew membership by 2K+ members by executing multistage communication strategies targeting critical KPIs.
- Bolster program engagement and drive new members to stronger connection with Club by working with Development & Citywide teams to deliver written and visual materials across audiences, message-types.
- Direct consultants developing larger marketing materials including event invites, annual reports, website redesign.
- Grew organizational outreach 50%+ by developing and executing messaging for programming, membership, event promotion, fundraising campaigns.
- Pitch media on events and coordinate interviews, photo opportunities, partner messaging.
- Placed stories with Channel 2 News, NPR, ABC 7, San Francisco Chronicle, San Francisco Examiner,
- Worked with SF Pride and Yerba Buena Center for the Arts for event promoting equality and identity, earning coverage in SF Chronicle, SF Examiner.
2013 to 2018: EveryLife Foundation for Rare Diseases. Novato, CA
Deputy Dir., Marketing & Communications
Partnered with leadership to plan initiatives driving legislative work supporting patient care and research for 7K+ rare diseases. Ensured effective patient support programs; consistently met / exceeded goals while driving foundation’s vision across diverse community with limited resources. Promoted 2X: hired as Manager, Marketing & Communications, promoted to Associate Director, Marketing & Communications, and again to final role, 2016. Served as principal contact for foundation, leading resolution of all inquiries, requests for assistance.
- Initiated and cultivated many relationships, transforming them into long-time partners and sponsors—by planning, launching, leading strategic communication / outreach, growing awareness.
- Grew website traffic 300% by redesigning website and creating proactive communications strategy.
- Created, executed social media campaign for “Rare Artist” contest, conceptualizing and launching initiative that expanded contest 400%–reaching 850K+ people within 12 months.
- Led advocacy campaigns via social media, calling attention to critical issues from impacted patients, general public, industry actors, high-level government officials.
- Created initiative supporting 21st Century Cures Act: poster child was invited to meet President Obama, Speaker of the House, Senate Majority Leader, other prominent political figures.
- Aligned multifaceted strategies to support patient community, corporate sponsors, political stakeholders.
- Educated public, sponsors, and stakeholders on industry findings and disease states by publishing editorials, press releases, monthly newsletters, social media content.
- Produced all design work supporting advertisements, promotional materials, special events.
- Created and distributed monthly newsletter; guaranteed timely distribution each month throughout tenure.
- Led creation of 50-page advocacy guide (via InDesign), presenting critical, in-depth information; project managed full-scope development: assigned roles, managed productivity, met deadlines.
- Worked with advocates and partners to create communication strategies enhancing operations, outreach, fundraising.
- Managed portfolio of social media accounts boasting 40K+ connections, 20K-name database.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Political Science | University of California, Berkeley
Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Dreamweaver), HTML5, CSS, Google AdWords, Facebook Audience Network, Salesforce, MailChimp, WordPress, Webflow, Wix, Squarespace, Hootsuite, R, MS Office Suite, Google Analytics, social media analytics, website / email hosting; Facebook Pixel tracking, UTM (email marketing), website launch / redesign.